This is the personal web site for Per Jakobsen.
The main content of the site is in the
Who am I?
I'm a husband, stepdad, stepgrandstepdad and SharePoint Mentalist.
I'm a SharePoint developer who has been programming professionally since 1981, with foucs on SharePoint since 2006.
My primary job is as a "Principal SharePoint Developer" at Denmarks leading SharePoint consultancy firm (ProActive) in Copenhagen/Denmark.
My background goes all the way back to the stone age of computer programming
- Started as a COBOL programmer on a mainframe computer
- Entered the new age with 4th generation languages (ADABAS/NATURAL) which was supposed to save the world
- Got into PC programming in Pascal, C++, Paradox and dBASE
- Further along to client/server programming using Paradox and PowerBuilder against Oracle and Sybase
- Took the deep dive into Embedded ANSI C programming
- And finally as a natural progressing ended in my current position with .Net programming and a focus on SharePoint
What is that Black Knight stuff?
Well that's a long story, but if we meet at a conference, course or elsewhere and you buy/bring me a coke or coffee, then I'll be happy to tell that (and a lot more).